These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to you when you view, access or otherwise use the blog located at www.directorscenter.com (the “blog”). The blog is owned by King & Spalding LLP (“King & Spalding”). We grant you a nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited right to access, use and display the blog and the materials provided hereon, provided that you comply fully with these Terms and Conditions of Use. Other websites and services that King & Spalding may offer from time to time are subject to other terms and conditions.
1. Modification of Terms and Conditions of Use. King & Spalding reserves the right to revise these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by updating this posting. Your continued use of the blog constitutes your agreement to comply with such revisions, so you should visit this page from time to time.
2. No Attorney-Client Relationship. We provide this blog for general informational purposes only. Because King & Spalding is a law firm and some of the information on the blog relates to legal topics, we want you to understand that we do not create an attorney client relationship with you when you use the blog. Neither the content on this blog nor any transmissions between you and King & Spalding through this blog are intended to, or shall, create an attorney-client relationship.
3. By using the blog, you agree that the information on this blog does not constitute legal or other professional advice. Do not consider the blog to be a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney licensed in your state.
3.1. The information on the blog may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, correct or up-to-date. While we try to post recent developments on the blog on a regular basis, it may not reflect the most current legal developments. The opinions expressed at or through the blog are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.
3.2. Since the law is constantly changing and will vary based on different facts and circumstances, statements on this Web site regarding the status of a given law or legal issue may not be current or applicable to your particular situation. You should not take any action based on the information in this Web site.
5. Attorney Advertising. King & Spalding has endeavored to comply with all known legal and ethical requirements in compiling this blog. In some jurisdictions this blog may be considered advertising. King & Spalding does not desire to represent clients based upon their review of portions of this Website that may not comply with legal or ethical requirements. For additional legal notices applicable to this blog, see King & Spalding’s legal notices page.
6. Links to Other Blogs, Websites and/or Materials. Links may appear on the blog that may be used to link to other blog(s) or websites. King & Spalding is not responsible for and does not endorse or make any warrant about any materials, information, goods or services available through such linked sites or any privacy or other practices of such sites. If you decide to access any of the linked sites, you do so entirely at your own risk. King & Spalding reserves the right to terminate any link at any time. These links are provided solely as a courtesy to our blog visitors. King & Spalding has no control over the linked sites or the materials, information, goods or services available or contained on these linked sites.
7. Your Use of this Blog. Neither you nor any one you control may reproduce, copy or redistribute the materials on the King & Spalding blog for commercial purposes without the express written permission of King & Spalding. Any use, reproduction, or distribution of material on this blog that constitutes the property, personal information, photograph or other depiction of any particular King & Spalding attorney may also be subject to state and federal privacy and other laws that require the specific written consent of the individual attorney. If you would like to obtain the permission to copy portions of this blog, please email email@example.com and provide the following information in the body of the email:
(i) the content you wish to use;
(ii) where, when and how it will be used (for example, a seminar, newsletter or news article);
(iii) where and how copies will be distributed and to what audience;
(iv) how many copies will be produced and distributed;
(v) what other materials will be associated with the King & Spalding content; and
(vi) your name, title, company, address, email address and phone number.
We will make every effort to respond to your request promptly. King & Spalding reserves the right to refuse permission to copy, distribute, broadcast, or publish any of its copyrighted material, including text and images on our blog.
8. Limitations on Use. Unauthorized use or modification of any information stored on the blog may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution under federal, state or local law. You may not use the blog for anything other than a lawful and legitimate purpose. You agree not to use the blog to carry out any unauthorized alteration of any data or information on the blog or to conduct any activity that infringes the copyright, patent, trademark, service mark or other rights of any person or entity. You agree not to interrupt, or attempt to interrupt, the operation of the blog in any way. You will not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any service conducted on the blog.
9. Intended Use. Any content posted by us on this blog has been posted in order to generate community discussion of such content. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER AS TO THE ACCURACY, INTEGRITY OR QUALITY OF SUCH CONTENT AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL KING & SPALDING BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY CONTENT POSTED BY US ON THIS BLOG, INCLUDING ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY SUCH CONTENT, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY SUCH CONTENT. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any content, including any reliance on the content, integrity, and accuracy of such content.
9.1. The blog is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18 or the applicable legal age to form a binding contract in your jurisdiction. We reserve the right to limit or deny your access to the blog or take other appropriate action if you violate any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use or if you conduct any activity that violates the rights of any person or entity, or which we in our sole discretion deem unlawful, offensive, threatening, abusive or potentially harmful or malicious. If you are under the age of 18 or the applicable legal age in your jurisdiction, you can use this blog only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, your parent or guardian who has agreed to these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not qualify, do not use this blog.
10. You must be 13 or older to use this blog, in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). By using this blog you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into these Terms and Conditions of Use and to abide by all of the terms and conditions set forth herein. The blog is administered in the United States and intended for U.S. users; any use outside of the U.S. is at your own risk and users are responsible for compliance with any local laws applicable to their use of the blog.
11. Service Mark Notice. “King & Spalding”, and other related marks are service marks of King & Spalding and are protected by law. They may be used publicly only with permission from King & Spalding. Fair use of the service marks requires proper acknowledgment. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
12. Copyright Notice. All materials and software published on or used on the blog are protected by copyright, and are owned or controlled by or licensed to King & Spalding, or the party listed as the provider of the materials or software. UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, REPRODUCTION, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING OR DUPLICATING OF ANY OF THE MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED. You may download any downloadable materials displayed on the blog only for personal, noncommercial and informational purposes, provided that the documents are not modified and provided you maintain and abide by all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in such material or if none, you include the following copyright notice in such downloaded materials:
© Copyright 2013 King & Spalding, LLP. All rights reserved. All use is subject to these Terms and Conditions of Use.
13. Copyright Notification. King & Spalding respects the intellectual property rights of others. Upon proper notice, King & Spalding will remove user posted comments, posts, messages, or other submissions on or to the blog that violate copyright law, or suspend access to the blog (or any portion thereof) to any user who repeatedly uses the blog in violation of copyright law.
13.1. If you believe your work has been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send King & Spalding’s copyright agent a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit King & Spalding to locate the material on the blog; (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit King & Spalding to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature.
13.2. Please provide us with a notice that includes all of the above enumerated information (“Notice of Infringement”) and e-mail it to the King & Spalding copyright agent (firstname.lastname@example.org).
13.3. By submitting a Notice of Infringement, you acknowledge and agree that King & Spalding may forward your Notice of Infringement and any related communications to any users who posted the material identified in such notice. Under United States federal law, if you knowingly misrepresent that online material is infringing, you may be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury and civil penalties, including monetary damages, court costs, and attorneys’ fees.
13.4. Please do not send notices or inquiries unrelated to alleged copyright infringement to King & Spalding’s designated agent.
14. Communications Between Us. Communications made through the blog’s e-mail and messaging system will in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to King & Spalding or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives, such as where notice to King & Spalding is required by contract, or any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. By choosing to communicate with us without such prior approval, you understand and agree that King & Spalding will have no duty to keep confidential any information you provide. In communicating with us through this blog, you should not provide any confidential information to us concerning any potential or actual legal matter you may have. Before providing any such information to us, you must obtain approval to do so from one of our lawyers.
15. Disclaimer; Limitation of Liability. King & Spalding does not assume any liability for any viruses or other contamination of your computer system or other device used to access this blog or as a result of your use of this blog, and expressly disclaims all liability for actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this blog.
15.1. THE BLOG IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, KING & SPALDING MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE BLOG WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
15.2. USE OF THE BLOG IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SOFTWARE) ACCESSED THROUGH OR OBTAINED BY MEANS OF THE BLOG.
16. Applicable Laws; Venue. King & Spalding operates the blog from its offices in Atlanta and makes no representations that materials in the blog are appropriate or available for use in other locations. The display of the blog alone does not subject King & Spalding to any specific jurisdiction. Access to the blog from any territory where the content is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the blog from other locations, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You may not use or export any of the blog materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim related to the use of the blog or to the blog materials will be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia as applied to agreements made and to be performed entirely therein. Any action arising out of or related to the access, use, content, or existence of this blog will be filed only in the appropriate state or federal court located within the State of Georgia. The access, viewing or use of this blog constitutes the user’s express permission and consent to the jurisdiction of the state and/or federal courts of the State of Georgia for purposes of such actions.
17. Miscellaneous. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use is deemed unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this these Terms and Conditions of Use shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and King & Spalding’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms and Conditions of Use shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.